Turtle Wax Gloss Guard

• Bin in Foren aus "Great Britain" immer auf diese Versiegelung gestossen. Dort wird sie sehr gelobt. Ebenfalls schneidet sie bei dem englischen "auto express" Test sehr gut ab.

Hat von euch jemand damit auch schon Erfahrung sammeln können? Oder werde ich hier den Test damit angehen?

greets

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmm.... "Test" ist ja leider mal wieder etwas vollmundig. Bin ich zu blind oder gibts da nicht mehr Text als die 3 Absätze unter dem "Gruppenfoto" und die Einzeiler zu den einzelnen Produkten?

• Von Auto Express:
    After a long winter, your car not only deserves a good waxing - it needs one. Paintwork exposed to rain, snow and grit during the cold months has to be revived.
    Now's the time to put the sparkle back into your motor. But waxing it is hard work, and you want all that effort to last, which is why we have put together this 50-polish mega test. Which are the shining stars?

The test
    the last thing you want to see is all the hard graft of polishing vanish with the first rain shower, so at the heart of our test is stamina.
    We tested all types of product, including polishes, waxes, sealants, synthetics and the latest offerings which you apply straight after rinsing your motor. Two bonnets were used, and we left control areas to ensure equal conditions. Our samples were checked regularly over eight weeks to see which were still beading water and offering protection.
    The Test
    was two weeks longer than previous assessments, really stretching each product.
    We also took into account ease of application and, of course, cost. The figures quoted are pack prices, and do not include delivery charges from online sources.
    Verdict
    It was very close at the top, with Turtle Wax's Extra Gloss narrowly taking the title from fellow non-abrasive sealant and stablemate Gloss Guard, and Comma's champ from last year.
    However, the third-placed Top Gloss is our favourite conventional polish. It's ahead by a clear margin from the Simoniz Original Wax and CarPlan's Nanomeric Sealant.
    Top five car polishes
    1. Turtle Wax Platinum Extra Gloss
    2. Turtle Wax Gloss Guard
    3. Comma Car Polish
    4. Simoniz Original Wax
    5. CarPlan Nanomeric Paintwork Seal & Protect

Turtle Wax Gloss Guard:
    A serial winner in our polish test couldn't repeat the feat this year. Although it finishes as runner-up, it's still very good, and simple to apply and buff off. Old paint may need polish underneath, but we found it worked nevertheless. A Recommended buy.

Und hier noch ein paar Userberichte:
    Hi all, I use Meguiars NXT as a rule and it's good, but today I used Turtle Wax Gloss Guard and what a deep shine.

I've not seen such a reaction to water on car paintwork like this before, the water just spheres and roles off easy, No polish i've tried has shown this action ( real repellance). You should at least try this.

I think Turtle Wax gloss guard is excellent. I usually put it on the week after I've done a proper job on the car, i.e clay bar, Megs stage 2 and Gold class wax. There are two resons why I wait a week, one being that I've tried to put the gloss guard on straight after the wax and it was a bugger to get off, and the other being that I'm usually cream crackered after doing all the other stages !
    The result though is awesome ( even on akoya silver ).
    It does enhance the shine and water beads like nothing else, so much so that my bonnet and roof will shed all beaded water at about 25mph compared with about 40mph with the gold class wax. Not very scientific, I know, but the surface seems extremely slick after it's been applied. As for durability, not bad, but I probably reapply the gloss guard every 4 or 5 weeks. It's very thin ( almost watery ) so goes on and off very easily and I can usually do the whole car (A4 avant ) in about 40 minutes.
    I would definitely give it a go. Do the old "half a bonnet" test, apply the hose on sprinkler mode and see which side shifts the water best. I think you'll be impressed.

greets

• Habe nun mal einen Test auf einem schwarzen Wagen damit gewagt.
    Die Verarbeitung ist sehr einfach da es flüssig ist: Etwas auf ein MFT oder Pad und geralinig auftragen.
    Warten bis ein milchig weisser Schleier entsteht und auspolieren.
    Es ensteht wirklich eine leichte Glanzsteigerung(zumindest eingebildet) Trotzem musste ich nach 2 maligem waschen feststellen das die Oberfläche sich irgendwie nicht mehr glatt anfühlt. Der Glanzgrad ist nach wievor der selbe und das Wasser perlt auch noch sehr gut ab.
    Woher nun, wenn man mit den Fingern über den Lack streicht, dieses - ich nenne es mal - "rauhe und ungepflegte Gefühl" kommt kann ich mir nicht ganz erklären.

Ich muss nur sagen das ich diese Beschaffenheit nicht mag und da geben der anhaltende Glanz inkl. Abperleffekt auch nicht anreiz zur Weiterverwendung. Zumindest nicht meinerseits ...

Naja. Ev testet man ja mal an einem anderen Auto mit anderem Wax als Untergrund

so long

• Die Flasche Gloss Guard wurde wieder entdeckt und es hat mich nicht in Ruhe gelasen einen 2ten Versuch zu starten. Nachdem ich mit Ultimate Compound und dem Barrier Reef vor ca 3 Wochen Vorarbeit geleistet habe, ist die Gloss Guard Galnzschutzversiegelung darüber gekommen. Ob jetzt der Glanz gesteigert wurde getraue ich mich jetzt nicht wirklich zu behaupten aber die Lackglätte und das abperlen ist schon deutlich anders. Bleibt jetzt nur abzuwarten wie es sich im Laufe der zeit verhält....

to be continued....